Jerusalem is the City of God and the City of the Great King (Psalm 48).
God has chosen Jerusalem for His earthly dwelling place. God put His signature in the hills around Jerusalem. It is the heart of the Holy Land where Jesus preached, died and resurrected and He will return in glory.
Jerusalem is one of the oldest cities in the world, a city of history and tradition.
It has been conquered, destroyed and rebuilt time and again. Every layer of its earth reveals a different piece of the past. Jerusalem is the capital of ancient kingdom of Judah and of the modern state of Israel.
The Old City of Jerusalem is acclaimed for its special and distinct atmosphere.
It is recognised as a holy city for Judaism, Christianity and Islam. It is famous for its many noteworthy attractions including the Western Wall, Via Dolorosa, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Jewish Quarter and Temple Mount.
Jerusalem is filled with modern culture and heritage.
It is home to some of the best Israeli art galleries and museums including the Bible Lands Museum and Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum. Jerusalem has an interesting food culture that is both scrumptious and suitable for a plethora of tastes.
- Explore the City of David where the story of Jerusalem city really began.
- Walk through the Hezekiah’s Tunnel that once brought water from Gihon Spring to Pool of Siloam.
- Stand on Temple Mount where Abraham almost sacrificed his son Isaac as a burnt offering.
- Visit the Israel Museum that boasts a wealth of treasures including the Second Temple Model.
- Shop at Mahane Yehuda Market known for its fresh produce, diverse eateries and coffee shops.
- Enjoy the Garden of Gethsemane that is planted with olive trees, some dating back hundreds of years.
- Stroll within the Garden Tomb of olive trees and flower beds with benches along quiet paths.