Why Visit Turkey
Turkey holds a place in Christian history right alongside Israel. It is home to all seven of the churches – Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea – mentioned in the Book of Revelation.
The New Testament in the Bible will come alive. Peter wrote his first epistle to believers scattered throughout the Turkish provinces. Paul and Barnabas taught great numbers of people at Antioch.
Turkey is an archaeology and history haven. From Istanbul’s palaces and mosques to the ruins of Ephesus to the underground cities of Cappadocia. Turkey has lots of churches, sacred sites and archaeological excavations of early Christian settlements to visit.
Turkey has postcard-perfect beaches. Surrounded by seas on three sides, Turkey’s shores offer the opportunity to swim in the clear waters of the Aegean Sea, the inland waters of the Black Sea and the pure glittering blues of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Explore Cappadocia, a place where at least one hundred underground cities were built by the early believers for protection.
- Visit the churches mentioned in the Book of Revelation and learn of their vivid culture and history.
- Shop at the biggest covered market in Istanbul.
- Paddle your feet in the mineral-rich water in the Pamukkale thermal pools.
- Relax and unwind in a must-try Turkish spa experience.